Wash Separate Components of Hat
How to Clean the Headband:
- Use a wet washcloth and a mild cleaning solution spray for fabrics, such as Spray n’ Wash, to clean your hat’s headband.
- Rub out any sweat stains with the washcloth.
- Use clean water to wash the band and let it air dry. Avoid using a clothes dryer as the heat may shrink or damage the hat.
How to Clean Off Lint, Dirt, Dust Off :
- Use a lint roller to get the first layer of hair and dirt off. If you don’t have a lint roller, try and wrap masking tape around your hand, making sure that the sticky side is exposed. Dab at your hat with the tape’s sticky side.
- If you have a layer of grime on your hat, spray your hat with water and use a washcloth to clean off the hat’s brim and crown.
- Spray your hat again. Let the hat dry in sunlight. Again, avoid using a clothes dryer.
How to Clean Your Hat’s Brim:
- Wash brim stains with warm water and a wash cloth. If this does not do the trick, use a fabric cleaning solution to lightly scrub them out.
- Once you finished scrubbing, rinse the hat again with warm water. The brims of delicate caps should always be hand washed.
When you first buy your hat, purchase water and stain repellent. This allows sweat and water to bead up and roll off the cap without staining it or soaking into the fabric.
When the time comes to wash your hat, consider the material. Wool caps shrink in water, so you will want to dry clean them. Cotton, polyester and cotton/polyester blends are okay to put in the washing machine or dishwasher with proper care.
How to Wash Your Hat
- Pre-clean the hat by spraying the hat with a hat cleaner or fabric stain remover, then let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes. Then wet the cap and scrub it with a brush or sponge.
- Put your hat in the top rack of your dishwasher. Do not use dish-washing detergent on your hat. You can also wash your hat in a washing machine on the delicate cycle. Gentle detergents can get out the most difficult hat stains, but use cautiously
- If your Rally House hat is beyond repair, you can always buy a new one!
Rally House wants you to always look your best when wearing your favorite team hat or baseball cap. When you need a new hat, make sure to shop our hat of NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS and more online and follow these tips to make sure it lasts!